Goals for 2005.
So my reason for having New Years resolutions/goals is that it works for me. Lists are useful. I'm really happy about how much progess I made on my list last year. Andl, honestly, I'm trying to make several shifts in my life at the moment. It's more like trying to shift gears than making major changes. Most of the major changes happened this past year. Now I just need to get going on down the road.
Goals for 2005:
(1) Establish good habits and systems for organization and functioning.
(2) Try to break old bad habits, which will involve confronting my issues (see below.)
(3) Decluttering and clearing of chaos and other stuff I don't need, physically, socially, emotionally.
(4) Continue to become healthier, more stable, more grounded, stronger, more centered, more balanced.
(5) Learn to deal with stress better internally--exercise, good habits, time for my different needs.
(6) Learn to deal with stress better externally--don't take it out on others, and don't make an unnecessary show of my emotions. Be more relaxed and calm.
(7) Become more coherent, integrated, whole, and connected (aka, my coherency project.)
(8) Work on my "issues": guilt complex, family and childhood stuff, self-esteem and motivation, commitment and anxiety, control, anger.
(9) Work on my relationship with Time. (Involves learning how not to procrastinate.)
(10) Work on my professional persona at work. Includes being on time consistently (I'm technically supposed to be there at 8:30, although I rarely am since I don't have to be); improving my physical appearance (especially clothing-wise); and improving my behavior (I'm in a leadership position, and I need to make sure I'm setting the best example that I can.)
(11) Get my finances under control, so I finally have savings. (Yes, I STILL have credit card debt, and I still spend too much. *sigh*)
(12) Get my health in order! (See doctors, see dentist, get bills sorted out, exercise.)
(13) Physical fitness: get in better shape through consistent exercise; take a martial arts or self-defense class.
(14) Get my driver's license. This is to be done BEFORE my birthday. S. will pay for lessons, and I will pay for our first road trip. Weee!!!
(15) Study for and take my GREs, or at least the psychology one. To be done before the end of this year.
(16) Start some kind of class in the fall. Or at least start thinking about where I want to go to school.
(17) Get my social life into something that feels manageable, and getting over my guilty complex (which manifests as passive-aggressive behaviors, avoidance, and defensiveness). Or at least stop projecting my issues onto everyone else.
(18) Fix up my live-journal (reference entries, etc.), and create my own website ("Coherency Project"--ps, any suggestions on how to start on this?). This will also involve trying to improve my writing.
(18) READ MORE.
(19) Become more of an activist in some way. Connect to and contribute to my community.
(20) Learn to sew, knit, and crochet. Make more jewelry.
(21) Learn outdoor and survival skills. (Learning how to tie knots and roleplaying a ranger count. I also have to go camping for real at least once--Pennsic doesn't count, but it's a part of it, too.)
(22) Make 1000 cranes for S.. She's doing the same for me.
(23) Write down my dreams!!! and eventually work on lucid dreaming.
(24) Academic reading/learning: psychology, physics, chem, bio, math, history, sociology.
(25) Not let my mom, or anyone else, usurp my time and attention, especially in a consistent and demanding way. Any commitments I make now, I work to keep, and I only make commitments that I can manage within the structure and plans of my life as it is. I.e., I'm not twisting my life around to try to save or help anyone unless it fits into how I need my life to be.
(26) Much less drama. I want a quiet, productive year. (I'm in the process of reading over my post from this past year, and yeah, way too busy, dramatic, fucked up. I'm so fucking glad it's over.)
(27) Travel. And make good use of my time off.
Yeah, it's a lot, but none of it is really new or different. I just don't want the amount of drama of the past year, and I just want to be able to deal with everything better.short version: chill out, be productive, learn to deal, get my life together and functioning and balanced.
YAY FOR 2005!
Current Music: Indigo Girls-"Hammer and Nail"